June 22, 2012

6th BSBP & me

  While we are waiting to know who is our partner in the 6th Bead Soup Blog Party (BSBP) I should tell something about myself and my interest in jewellery making. Well, I'm a newbie in jewellery making, but I've always felt the need to make something with my hands.
  I think I should first introduce myself - my name is Alenka and I live in Slovenia, a small state in the European Union. When I was a kid, if anybody was creating or fixing anything, there was certainly me around  looking and learning ... I was equally interested in an electric device or wood or wool or ...
  In primary school I started with crocheting, knitting, macrame, bobbin lace-making, sewing ... self-taught mostly. It's not difficult to figure out why the pre-carnival period and the making of costumes was one of my favorites periods of the year.
  During the secondary and the high school period I played wolleyball on a (half-)professional level and my favourite pastime during long transfers by bus to a volleyball match was crocheting and knitting. After that I have bought a sewing machine and started making bags and carnival costumes for my two kids.
  Last summer (2011) I suddenly discovered polymer clay and I was immediately hooked by the possibilities of this medium - and I started to make jewellery. I have to admit I'm a polymer clay addict since then. I'm never tired of searching around the web for new techniques, following the work of other artists, however always trying to give a personal touch to my creations... I found out that there is an amazing world of great artists and at the same time good-natured human beings out there and I'm glad I can be a small part of it.  As I have a full-time job and two small kids I don't have much free-time left and jewellery making is only my hobby, for now. I started this blog just few days ago and you can find more of my creations in my Flickr gallery.
  Can't wait to know who is gonna be my partner and to begin with this party - let's dance (another passion of mine)!!!

3 comments:

A Polymer Penchant said...

Pleased to meet you, - I'm a fellow clay addict :) you sure have lived a creative life, Emma

Anonymous said...

Happy to meet you. My blog is ingetraud.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Happy to Meet you and have you join in the fun. I love clay (but Earthenware) and glass. I'm a lampwork artist. You can catch my blog at sharondriscoll.blogspot.com